Head Wolf is the unnamed main antagonist in Alpha and Omega: The Legend of the Saw Tooth Cave.
As the plot develops, Runt returns to the Saw-Tooth Cave to investigate a mysterious wolf he spotted within. He finds Daria after getting past the Ghost Wolf, and manages to help her get away from the pursuing wolves that believe they become heroes by chasing out the ghost. Daria's flashbacks reveal that she was targeted by the Head Wolf of their pack due to being blind. Her mother defied the Head Wolf, and then fled with Daria in tow. She hid her daughter in Shadow Forest, keeping her covered by the bushes (where she was found by her porcupine ally). But sadly, the Head Wolf nevertheless found her mother and killed her for defying his rules.
In the present day, Runt, now helped by his parents, leads Daria back towards her original home so she can see her mother, unaware of her fate. She learns from her sister, Lois, that her mother did not return, much to her sadness. However, the Head Wolf is still the leader of the pack and, upon seeing Daria, attempts to kill her once again. The Head Wolf pursues Daria into Shadow Forest and is led into the path of the Ghost Wolf, who by now has been revealed to be Daria's mother seeking to protect her from beyond the grave. Enraged that he would once again try to kill her daughter, Daria's mother lunges at the Head Wolf and, in a violent, albeit off-screen manner, eradicates him in a flash of light.
- Strangely enough, Humphrey referred to Head Wolf as Mr. King in the movie. This is probably a naming mistake, but it might also have been that King was going to reappear in this movie, or that Head Wolf claimed the "King" position instead of the usual alpha-leader rank, or perhaps Humphrey was unaware that the Banff pack leader was named "King".
- So far, Head Wolf is the only villain in the franchise whose real name is never mentioned.
- Despite being the main villain of the fourth movie, Head Wolf doesn't show up until the final act (not counting Daria's flashback), so not much is known about him, other than being the one who killed Daria's mother.
- Noticeably, he lacks a name, only being referred to as "Head Wolf" in the credits. Also notable is how, thus far, he and Daria's mother share the distinction of being the only two characters to die in the Alpha and Omega series so far, until Amy and the T-Rex in Dino Digs.
- Despite being one of the least-developed of the four major antagonists of the series, until Mac and King Rogue, the Head Wolf manages to be the darkest due to his actions and (comparatively) more serious portrayal. On the surface, his attempt on Daria's life in the past could be seen as only trying to ensure his pack's survival by killing any members that may not be useful for gathering food. However, as Daria's mother acts to protect her child, it becomes clear that the Head Wolf's real motivation is anger that someone would defy him. This extends to the present day, where he tries to kill Daria despite her not staying or attempting to reintegrate into the pack, simply because her mother angered him.
As an antagonist, Head Wolf's role was met with generally positive reviews. Fans praised the character's portrayal of being the darkest and most serious villain in the franchise so far, without becoming over-the-top. However, some fans criticized him for appearing only in the final act of the movie, thus becoming the least developed villain. Bob didn't find him much of a villain as he states that "he's just a villain because he just is". Along with Nars and King.